The employee experience (EE), or how employees perceive their job and their company throughout their time with the company, is a key concern for employers.
Recognizing the impact of a good employee experience on motivating, attracting and retaining talent, 80% of organizations consider it to be one of the most important aspects of HR strategies (source: Forrester).
In a context of digitalization and the rise of hybrid work, the technological environment plays a key role in improving the employee experience.
The famous Microsoft Teams collaborative platform is of course one of the technologies that can optimize the employee experience. In this article, Mozzaik365 explains how.
Teams takes on the Employee Experience Challenges
In the wake of the health crisis, the world of work is in turmoil. Already affected by the "War for Talent", employers are now faced with a wave of "Great Resignations" and, in some sectors, with recruitment difficulties.
But that's not all. Team engagement is also at an all-time low, taking the form of a real "quiet quitting" movement. According to the Gallup Institute, only 6% of French employees are engaged at work. This low motivation is probably linked to the deterioration of the mental health of workers, 41% of whom are in a state of psychological distress (source: Empreinte Humaine).
💡To go further, discover our article on the "Quiet quitting", the Great French resignation
In this context, the employee experience appears to be a major issue for organizations. Employees who feel satisfied with their job and their company have a level of commitment 16 times higher than those with a bad EX and are 8 times more likely to stay in their job over time (source: McKinsey).
When it comes to the Digital Workplace , the notion of the employee experience is essential. The attention paid to it, via the user experience, right from the design of the digital work environment ensures that employees can access their software and work platforms without friction.
Well aware of the positive impact of a good employee experience, Microsoft goes beyond the user experience and focuses on providing solutions that allow companies to face the various challenges of the employee experience. Among them, the Microsoft Viva employee experience platform, integrated with Teams, provides concrete answers to optimize the EX.
So, in practice, how do you boost your employees' experience with Teams? That's what we'll look at next.
Create a strong corporate culture
Corporate culture is an important lever for improving the employee experience. A vector of meaning at work and cohesion between employees, it also determines the managerial practices at work in the organization.
As a leader or HR professional, you can use Teams to develop an organizational culture that ensures a good employee experience. There are several ways to do this:
- Rely on the MODA application by Mozzaik365 to create Dashboards dedicated to internal communication in Teams in order to amplify the scope of information you want to disseminate to employees;
- Share messages in Chats and Teams to effectively reach out to employees and allow them to dialogue and express themselves about the latest news;
- Focus on authentic internal communication by talking about your values on a daily basis through your organization's team channels;
- Use the Praise application in Teams to build a true culture of recognition within your organization by sending badges between employees and between managers and employees;
- Use the Viva Connections and Viva Engage applications in Teams to showcase your corporate identity, spread your corporate culture, and encourage employees to build community and collaboration.
Attracting new talent
According to a Willis Towers Watson survey, 84% of employers surveyed believe that a positive employee experience is a key factor in a company's ability to retain and attract talent. And for good reason: employees who feel good about their jobs and their companies are the best ambassadors for them.
Using Teams within your organization can help you improve the employee experience for your talent and, in turn, make them promoters of your employer brand. This collaborative platform is designed to provide a good user experience and, beyond that, to optimize the employee experience.
Better yet, thanks to Microsoft Teams and especially the Viva Engage application in Teams, your employees can contribute to your organization's communication. More specifically, they can:
- Participate in the promotion of your employer brand internally, via your corporate social networks;
- Improve your reputation with third parties, by relaying content on their own social networks from Teams. This is what we call Employee Advocacy.
Get employees to adopt the tools provided by ISD
In a context of digital transformation and the rise of telecommuting, the technological environment in which employees are immersed on a daily basis has a significant impact on the quality of their employee experience .
Microsoft Teams allows you to create a digital workspace that is conducive to the development and productivity of teams. With this application, it is indeed possible to centralize the IT tools that employees need to carry out their missions, and thus encourage the use of these solutions.
In concrete terms, to facilitate the adoption by your talents of the different software provided by your IT department, think of :
- Pin the corresponding links in your Teams channels to make these tools available to employees without requiring any additional effort on their part;
- Use the MODA application by Mozzaik365 to create a personal Dashboard for each employee, grouping the shortcuts to the software and sites that are useful to them on a daily basis so that they can open them in one click;
- Set up an "IT Help" team with a dedicated channel for each software so that your employees can help each other before calling your IT department.