In recent years, the focus has been on supporting employees in the transition to hybrid working. Companies have demanded unprecedented resilience from their employees.
But how do we address the challenges we've seen over the past few months? How can keeping employees engaged ? How do you keep employees engaged and maintain their work-life balance? How do we ensure that we preserve their mental health when the boundary between home and business becomes blurred? How to help them find information more easily when they are remotely connected to the company? Microsoft Viva answers all these challenges.
📌 Keep your employees engaged with effective internal communication. Check out the top 11 must-have internal communication tools
Viva for improving the employee experience
Viva has set itself a mission: to improve the employee experience. To do this, there are 6 key elements to improve:
- Well-being: feeling comfortable and respected at work;
- Connection, engagement: the feeling of being trusted in a diverse community;
- Concentration, focus: as a collaborator, I know what success will look like and what I need to prioritize my time and actions on;
- The objective: to be able to find the information and the key contact people easily, to make the right decisions in order to succeed;
- Development, training: to maximize strengths, acquire new skills and progress towards goals;
- Power, purpose: the feeling of being part of something bigger than yourself and contributing to a common goal.
These human resources issues must be an integral part of the thinking around digital tools on the employee platform.
Then, how to act on these different dimensions? Last February, Microsoft announced a new approach with its employee experience platform (EXP) and a number of new features in Microsoft Teams. It is an open and extensible digital platform. It puts the employee at the centre by bringing together existing systems and tools in an integrated experience. As such, it addresses the key challenges of the employee experience: communication, access to resources and knowledge, skills and training.
Viva is the first EXP platform that enables multiple objectives to be met through a single interface in Teams and an integrated ecosystem:
- Viva Connections helps infuse a culture of engagement and communication;
- Viva Insightshelps you find a balance between well-being and productivity;
- Viva Topics for access to skills and information sharing with Artificial Intelligence;
- Viva Learning to boost skills and facilitate employee training ;
- Viva Engage to connect everyone in an organization through employee communities and conversations;
- Viva Goals aligns teams with organizational priorities through a goal setting and management solution;
- VIva Pulse is an employee survey tool that allows managers to collect regular feedback in a confidential manner;
- Viva Amplify increases the impact of corporate communications by empowering communications teams and executives to develop more impactful messages;
- Viva Sales is an application dedicated to salespeople that automatically captures data from Office 365 and Microsoft Teams into any CRM.
Today, we can see that employee well-being is back in the spotlight. In this context, the potential of Microsoft 365 is tapped into to provide relevant and exploitable insights.
In addition, security and confidentiality are essential in Viva. The platform promises anonymization of sensitive data, especially around work behaviour data.
Viva is enriched by the entire partner ecosystem: for example, HCM (Human Capital Management) or LMS (Learning Management System) for training content. Viva therefore responds to a platform approach and advocates a seamless employee experience at any time of the working day.
Details of the different Viva modules
Viva Connections :
60% of employees say that they feel less committed to their company by switching to teleworking. How do you manage to stay connected despite working remotely? That's what Viva Connections is all about: it's a portal to company information, but also a way for employees to interact.
With the arrival of Viva Connections, Microsoft has materialized its strategy of de-siloing its application base by integrating SharePoint into Teams. The aim? To communicate, share information and collaborate from a single entry point: Teams. You will therefore be able to create your SharePoint intranet pages directly from Teams. In addition, two new functionalities have been added: the "Feed" and "Dashboard" web parts.